PBA Annual Membership Drive
Posted on Dec 1st, 2020
The gorgeous ginkgo tree that welcomes us home to Peachtree Battle is especially beautiful now and reminds us that it's time to kick off PBA's annual membership drive. Whether you are new to the neighborhood or you've been here for years, we hope you will support PBA in 2021.
Member funding, when combined with the efforts of more than 70 neighborhood volunteers, makes PBA possible. For less than $1 a day, your dues support great things in the neighborhood we all call home. Annual dues are $350, and we need your support. Please renew today for 2021.
- PBA Security: PBA benefits from daily neighborhood security patrol services by a team of off-duty Atlanta Police officers supervised by Captain Jeff Baxter. These officers are in full uniform, patrol in marked cars and have direct radio contact with APD during their shifts, which average 5 hours per day. Members can request out-of-town services from the patrol, which include regular house checks by foot and assistance with newspapers and packages. A dedicated member services voicemail is provided exclusively for PBA members to alert patrol of travel plans.
- PBA Parks: In addition to maintaining the beautiful green spaces throughout the neighborhood with funding from membership dues, the Parks Committee works with entities like Atlanta Memorial Park Conservancy and the Atlanta Beltline.
- PBA Community: PBA's membership team and block captain volunteers welcome new neighbors, alert members of resident transitions, and help build community throughout the neighborhood and within blocks. The administrative team maintains membership rosters, a password-protected directory, provides regular updates by email and a monthly newsletter.
- PBA Traffic: Our historic neighborhood is in the heart of Buckhead, and investments in traffic calming plans, like the $25k project with TSW, help keep pedestrians safe and vehicular traffic in check.
- PBA Projects: There are always special projects in the works. PBA is your voice with the board of the Haynes Manor Recital Hall, which will transform the old Bobby Jones Clubhouse into a spectacular music venue. PBA is your voice with AMPC and the family of Betty Young to create an enjoyable greenspace on a FEMA lot.
To renew your current membership, click here to login and review your profile. If you've recently purchased a home in Peachtree Battle, welcome! We invite you to join as a new member by clicking below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why were dues increased from $275 to $350?
PBA hadn't increased dues significantly in over 5 years, and our rates were below nearby associations. Even with the increase, PBA members continue to enjoy the benefits of membership for less than $1 per day. Security Patrol expenditures,which represent 70% of the budget, have increased in the past few years. In the spring member survey, 80% of respondents indicated they wanted to expand the current security patrol and were willing to increase dues to fund it. PBA’s security committee worked with Captain Baxter to optimize our budget dollars for the greatest impact. While some of the benefits of PBA membership are exclusive to members, the reality is that our entire neighborhood benefits from the security patrol. Please help us increase membership rates (74% for 2020) by encouraging your neighbors to join and letting our membership committee know about new neighbors.
When should I pay dues?
Memberships are annual from January 1 thru December 31. Please pay your dues before 12/31/20 to renew your membership for 2021 and avoid interruption of email notifications, website access, or security house check services.
I don't see a link that says "Renew Your Membership." Why not?
Each household has a Primary/Level 1 member who is designated to manage renewals and administrative tasks for the household. It is likely that the other adult in your household is the designated Level 1 member. Please ask them to renew for your household, or contact us to initiate a renewal
on your behalf.
What is PBA's current membership rate?
In 2020, 74% of households were active. Three blocks achieved 100% membership for 2020. We are grateful to these members for their support and to the Block Captains for their leadership.
- Nacoochee Drive (Amanda Craig)
- Woodward Lower 2 (Marietta Petters)
- Woodward Upper 1 (Joni Cushing)
We will provide updates throughout the membership drive. Check back here for a link to our report (login required.) Please help us increase membership rates by encouraging your neighbors to join and letting our membership committee know about new neighbors.
What is happening with ... ?
PBA hosted the 2020 Annual Meeting (virtual) on November 11. You can see the meeting recap
, read the minutes, or access a recording of the meeting on our website. Topics included updates on key projects and activities.