Boone's Restuarant at Bobby Jones!
Posted on Aug 31st, 2020
, the new neighborhood restaurant at Bobby Jones Golf Course, will begin serving upscale, new American cuisine in a relaxed setting overlooking the course beginning Saturday, Sept. 5.
Located inside Murray Golf House, Boone’s offers incredible scenery thanks to its large veranda overlooking the golf course along with other activities including the Dan Yates Putting Course, the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame and a driving range.
“By design, Boone’s doesn’t look like any restaurant you’d see at a golf clubhouse,” said Marty Elgison, president of Bobby Jones Golf Course Foundation, Inc. “It’s a unique experience that can’t be duplicated anywhere in the city of Atlanta.”
The restaurant was designed as a Savannah College of Art & Design student project with contemporary accents and finishes. Atlanta-centric prints decorate the walls including a collection displaying historical Peachtree Street images.
Executive chef Austin Rocconi and his team have created a changing, approachable menu with healthy and sustainable ingredients crafted around regional availability. Chef Rocconi will make changes to the menu based on whatever is local and fresh.
The menu at Boone’s features dishes designed with Southern comfort and Latin American influences drawn from Rocconi’s time spent out West and in the South. Menu highlights include:
· Local mixed greens with shaved radish, fennel and citrus vinaigrette
· Heritage Farms pork belly griot with bell pepper, citrus, cilantro and cabbage pikliz
· Gulf shrimp roll with eggplant mayo, brown butter, parsley and red shiso
· Cauliflower steak with wild rice risotto, mushrooms and olives
· House-made saffron tagliatelle with summer vegetables, basil and Georgia olive oil
· Grilled Springer Mountain half chicken with parsnip and Yukon mash, snap peas and beech mushroom
Complementing the upscale cuisine is a beverage menu including specialty cocktails, a variety of local craft beers and an impressive by-the-glass wine menu. Craft cocktails include:
· Bobby Jones with peach-infused Clover bourbon, vermouth, peach bitters and lemon
· Raspberry Gin Ricky with Old 4th Ward gin, lime, raspberry and sparkling wine
· El Diablo with El Jimador reposado, crème de cassis, lime and ginger beer
· Hibiscus Fizz with hibiscus-infused Wheatly vodka, lime cordial, allspice dram and club soda.
Boone’s is operated by the nonprofit Bobby Jones Golf Course Foundation. The revenue from the restaurant will go toward covering operating costs, and any profit will be used to contribute to the overall mission of the foundation.
Boone’s is a true community restaurant, open to the public as well as to golfers at Bobby Jones Golf Course. Boone’s takes reservations for lunch and dinner, served Wednesday through Sunday.Guests can make reservations beginning Aug. 31 for reservations starting Sept. 5.
To make guests feel as safe as possible, Boone's has strict COVID-19 precautions in place including servers wearing masks, advanced sanitizing procedures, operating at a limited capacity and seating on the comfortable, covered patio with plenty of space for physical distancing.
Overlooking the Bobby Jones Golf Course along Tanyard Creek in Buckhead, Boone’s offers high-quality service and cuisine in an easygoing, neighborhood atmosphere. Executive chef Austin Rocconi and his team at Boone’s welcome the community for new American food highlighting local, seasonal ingredients. Remarkable cocktails, a wide variety of craft beers on tap and a distinctive wine-by-the-glass list add to the Boone’s experience—one that’s not found anywhere else in the city. For reservations, please visit www.boonesatl.com