Why Join PBA?
Whether you are new to the neighborhood or you've been here for years, we hope you will support PBA in 2022. Member funding, when combined with the efforts of more than 70 neighborhood volunteers, has made PBA possible for over 50 years.
- Safety & Security Patrol
- Attractive & Well-Maintained Parks & Grounds
- Events & Activities to Build Community
- Controlled Traffic & Traffic Calming Plans
- Website, Communications & Membership Directory
- Attention to Zoning & Assistance with Variances
Ready to Join? Click below:
Need to renew? Click below:
Check Your Status
Look yourself up in the online directory
(login required). The current membership year will be listed for the primary member of your household. If it says, 2022, you are all set! Note if you renewed in the past week or sent a check by mail, it may not reflect your current status.
For less than $1 a day, your dues support great things in the neighborhood we all call home. Annual dues are $350, and we need your support. Please renew today for 2022.
- PBA Security: PBA benefits from daily neighborhood security patrol services by a team of off-duty Atlanta Police officers supervised by Captain Jeff Baxter. These officers are in full uniform, have direct radio contact with APD during their shifts, and beginning in 2022 will work from a PBA-owned patrol car. Members can request out-of-town services from the patrol, which include regular house checks by foot and assistance with newspapers and packages. A dedicated member services voicemail is provided exclusively for PBA members to alert patrol of travel plans.
- PBA Parks: In addition to maintaining the beautiful green spaces throughout the neighborhood with funding from membership dues, the Parks Committee works with entities like Atlanta Memorial Park Conservancy and the Atlanta Beltline. This committee has been instrumental in planning with the Betty Young family for a green space on a FEMA lot, is currently working on Haynes Manor Park improvements, and helped place new cameras along the path near the old clubhouse.
- PBA Community: PBA's membership team and block captain volunteers welcome new neighbors, alert members of resident transitions, and help build community throughout the neighborhood and within blocks. The administrative team maintains membership rosters, a password-protected directory, provides regular updates by email and a monthly newsletter.
- PBA Traffic: Our historic neighborhood is in the heart of Buckhead, and investments in traffic calming plans help keep pedestrians safe and vehicular traffic in check. The Traffic Study, which has been fully approved by the city, included 40+ recommendations, and implementation will begin as funding is secured beginning with top priorities: a roundabout at Peachtree Battle/Dellwood, 3-way stop at Brookdale and Westover, Woodward Way speed limit reduction to 25, Manor Ridge and Haynes Manor park traffic entrance and bike lane restriping.
- There are many special projects happening in and around us.
PBA is your voice:
... with the board of the Haynes Manor Recital Hall, which plans to break ground early Q1 to transform the old Bobby Jones Clubhouse into a spectacular music venue.
... with AMPC, instrumental in the Underpass Project, which has begun after 6 years in planning and will get pedestrians away from traffic. It goes under Northside Drive bridge and loops back to Wesley Drive.
... with the Atlanta Beltline which seeks to connect our area with a new Northwest Corridor.
To renew your current membership, click here to login and review your profile. If you've recently purchased a home in the neighborhood, welcome! We invite you to join as a new member by clicking below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is my block captain, and how can I look up neighbors in my block?
Visit the Blocks & Captains page
found in the Members tab of the website. To find the name of your block, look yourself up in the directory. (login required) Our database uses the term "property group," and this is the name of your block. To find other neighbors in your block, use the directory to search by that property group. Or click here
for faster access and use the drop-down list to choose the name of your block.
When should I pay dues?
Memberships are annual from January 1 thru December 31. Please pay your dues before 12/31/21 to renew your membership for 2022 and avoid interruption of email notifications, website access, or security house check services.
I don't see a link that says "Renew Your Membership." Why not?
Each household has a Primary/Level 1 member who is designated to manage renewals and administrative tasks for the household. It is likely that the other adult in your household is the designated Level 1 member. Please ask them to renew for your household, or contact us to initiate a renewal
on your behalf.
What is PBA's current membership rate?
Over the past few years, the active membership ranges from 74% to 78% of eligible households. For 2022, three blocks have already achieved 100% membership. We are grateful to these members for their support and to the Block Captains for their leadership.
- Woodward Lower 1 (Holly Bayman)
- Woodward Lower 2 (Marietta Petters)
- Woodward Upper 1 (Joni Cushing)
We will provide updates throughout the membership drive. Our Membership Report
(login required) can be found in the Member Directory. Please help us increase membership rates by encouraging your neighbors to join and letting our membership committee know about new neighbors
What is happening with ... ?
PBA hosted the 2021 Annual Meeting (virtual) on November 3. You can see the meeting recap
, read the minutes, or access a recording of the meeting on our website. Topics included updates on key projects and activities.